Anyone able to figure out the Jena 6 BS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As far as I can tell 6 black guys beat up a white guy. One of the black guys was under 18 ...prosecuted as an adult found guilty and then got his sentence kicked out ...then somehow some black kid wanted to sit under a tree frequented by white kids ...white kids hung a few nooses from the tree and the DA did nothing about it . What the heck do the two stories have to do with each other. Seems the black guys beat the white guy sometime last year, while the noose stunt was played this year. How the heck does that make the 6 black guys not guilty? .... is it just me or am I missing a big part of this picture.

Could someone fill in the rest of this story cause I for one am not getting the connection.

The sources that TwoBitTexan quoted were accurate. I live about two hours from Jena, pronouced Gina, and can tell you that it is a small rural town of about 2,700.

The reason that Mychael Bell was prosecuted first was because of his previous experneices with the judicial system. He was already on probation and violated that probation and that was why he was in jail and why his bond was set so high.

This was a real tradey for everyone involved. I have been policing for about 25 years and I can tell you that I feel sorry for the community, for the students involved and for the victim.

Today at a bond hearing the presiding judge refused to grant Bell bond and ordered all involved not to discuss the matter since this is now a juvenile matter.

This will not be over for a while.

Of course it won't be over for while. Jackson, Sharpton, and those of their ilk won't allow it to end until they get as much face time as they can get.

An 18 year old and a 16 year old were arrested today near Jena for driving around in a pick up that had nooses hanging off the back of it.

Two arrested in noose incident near Jena, Louisiana - CNN.com

In the original case I understand that the noose hangers were not prosecuted because "they had not broken any law"

Has the law in Louisiana changed recently? Or just the way in which it is interpreted?

If I was a black guy living in the south I would be pretty upset to see a noose hanging off a tree I wanted to sit under
Lynching in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I give this thread a lifetime of about 10 minutes.......................

I grew up in Erie Pa. and at Roosevelt junior high school in the early seventies this stuff happened daily. Somedays the black kids would single out a white kid and all hell would break loose...other days we would pick a fight with a black kid. Racial slurs were always thrown around regularly both ways mind you. Some guys got expelled some got suspended some even went to juvi hall. This happened religiously. I got jumped one day at my locker took a beating , later that day I caught the lead guy outside of the cafateria administered some justice. Heres the kicker we all went on to our respective high schools played football together, played in bands together (I played in several mixed race bands with some of the guys I fought with back in junior high school). Most of us got over it ...moved on. You are never going to stop racism in this country because basicaly boys are going to be boys. Heck since I was the sole Irish kid in my predominantly Italian "gang" of buddies I always got the short end of the stick. Our school principal (an Italian) caught several of us skipping school, I got paddled and detention however they only got detention. To this day I joke about Italians ...then again why not there is so much material there to joke about.

Point is you got a bunch of high school aged boys who are going to be boys ...and that is never going to change ....hint that is why the military likes 18 and 19 yr olds to become infantry...

I was reading a column in the Dallas Morning News this morning and it was a side story to this. Shortly after the incidnet of the nooses in the tree. The school administration decided the tree was the problem. So they paid $500 to have a 25 y/o oak tree cut down. :shakehead:

The guy who cut the tree down saved a portion of the stump and has already refused an offer of $100. E thinks he can get more on e-bay.

Smart tree cutter! I don't know about other states but in PA having an "offical" hangman's noose is against the law. Offical being one with the leather loop or one with 13 coils. I found that out in high school. I was into westerns and had two 12 coil nooses as grab bars on the roll bar of my Jeep. Only got stopped once. The rest of the time it was never even looked at twice.

I'm not getting the Duke comment either???

Well lets just say these folks aren't rying to break any stereotypes...ha ha ha ..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom