Anybody want to dive medina lake Sat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

double125's

Reaction score
I am taking my nitrox course this Saturday in San Antonio and plan on diving Medina lake afterwards. I have rounded up a couple people interested and just wanted to extend the greeting to all texans. Hopefully I will be out there no later than 2 P.M. I am planning on going to the marina on lake medina. they have a small undewater museum there and it generally has the best diving on the lake. Entry is $5 per car if I remember correctly. Its been three years since I have been there, hope it hasn't changed to much.

Don't think I'll make it this weekend, but could you tell us about the place? I've read numerous threads about Texas dive locations, but I don't remember seeing anything on this place.

Thanks,

If you dive from the marina on lake medina you can do a wall dive.The wall is pretty neat because it is near the dam and you can hear the turbines turning. There is an underwater muesem consisting of a speed boat, a jon boat, a lawn tractor, plymouth horizon, a walk around style boat and you can even follow the rails that they used for mining. I believe it was a rock quarry before it was dammed. The jon boat is in shallow water and there is plenty of fish around it. The fish are pretty good size there: Bass 5 - 10 lbs, cats 5 - 10lbs and some descent sized pan fish. The vis is around 10 ft and depths reach 135'. after about 70' the vis is horrible. There are no airfills on site so bring your own air. The place is family friendly. they have a resteraunt, picnic areas, sand beach with roped off swimming area, boat ramp and docks. Keep in mind all this info is about three years old so it may have changed since then.

I go to medina all the time, which marina are you talking about? There are about a half dosen. I usually hang out at red cove.

see ya there......

looks like I have one more......

Try and carpool if you can because I believe they charge by the car not by person. Definatly looking foreward to meeting some more Texas divers.
BTW dont forget your SPURS

Back
Top Bottom