Anybody made a lens caddy/holder or lens attachment for m67 lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DazedAndConfuzed

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was wondering if anyone made a lens caddy for wide angle lens adapter for lens with threaded mount? The existing ones, you have to screw the lens on, which is additional work on top of unscrewing if off from the camera. Maybe made from a thick rubber ring so that the lens barrel could be squeezed into it?

Also, how about velcro attachment for closeup diopter lens? My housing has 67mm thread, but actual camera lens is only around 28mm, and lens port is only 47mm. So I thought the 10mm on each side, I could fit some velcro hooks, and instead of a 67mm closeup lens, maybe get a 42-47mm one and screw that to an adapter that has a flange where I could put velcro on it, thus all I have to do is velcro the lens on when I need it and peel it off when I don't. Don't think this is do-able with the wide angle lens due to its weight.

If you want, try using PVC.

Cut it an inch wider than the base of your lens. Heat a bowl of water to boiling temp and drop the PVC in, give a few minutes to soften, remove it, smash it flat. using a dremel or rotozip cut a semi circle out of top edge.
Reheat the water, this time only insert the edges where the lens will slide in. soften, remove and press the edge against a table to curl it a touch.

The lens will slide in and lock, mount it any way you like.

Sounds interesting. Is this theoretical or have you made them before?

I presume the PVC pipe has to be a inner diameter of the part of the lens barrel I want inserted.

Also, do you mean smash it flat like it is a flattened donut? Or is the flattened part just up to the depth that I want to insert the lens into the PVC pipe?

gedc0186.jpg

I don't have a picture available of lens caddies I have made, but here is something else that may give you a visual to drawl from.

Instead of the wide opening, you will want one that is almost the same diameter of your lens, it will not be as flat as this one is, and the part that is bolted will have a curl towards your eyes.

The lens is slid in and once over the curl is locked into place. takes a fair push to pull it out.

If the part that is bolted (the solid side of the 2 halves) curls towards the side where it is dremel'd, would it scratch the lens as it is being slid in? The rear lens runs right to the edge of the lens barrel.

Back
Top Bottom