Anybody know any 3 or 4 day livaboards?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LJinFLA

Contributor
Reaction score
I would really like to do more live aboards but I don't always want to do (nor can I afford to do) week long trips. Since i live in Florida, three or four day trips would be great. Does anybody know of any? I have had trouble finding any. I think this is strange. I think there shouldbe a good market for this.

LJ

Blackbeards is the only one I know for sure runs "long weekend" (4 days) trips. But it seems that I heard Peter Hughes group runs a few short weeks also.

If you want to travel to TX, there are weekend trips to the flower garden banks, that leave Fri night, return Sunday evening. You end up with 7 dives, one of which is a night dive.
http://www.seasearcherii.com/
http://www.gulf-diving.com/
I personally prefer the Sea SearcherII, just because they carry about half as many divers as the gulf diving,llc boats....but it is a little bit smaller boat (not much). Cost is around $350-$450, depending on what dive shop you book through (they don't book directly)

If your into lobster or spearfishing, they do a great job. They do most of their diving in the dry tortugas. So even if you don't do any fishing the diving still great. Check their schedule on line. They run specials in the winter. They usually leave on a thursday night 7:30ish and come back sunday around 5.

Yeah you get good prices during hurricane season :wink: I posted that because I been looking at them for 06. I want to try a liveaboard but want local and don't want to commit for 7 nights. We want to dive dive dive on it so it would work for us. Any other remarks regarding their operation?

Ultimategetaway (www.ultimategetaway.net) out of Ft. Myers does 3-4 day trips as mentioned above. They try to do either photography trips or spearfishing trips as the sites are different -- marine sanctuary for photography but obviously not for spearfishing, etc.

Jim Abernethy's Scuba Adventures (www.scuba-adventures.com) out of Riviera Beach (West Palm) also does occasional 3-4 day trips either along the east coast of Florida or short trips to the Bahamas.

Every been on the scuba adventure one?

Back
Top Bottom