Anybody in Maui up for a couple dives next week?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheDavil

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,

My wife and I will be in Maui 11/23 - 11/30 for our anniversary. We've got a few days booked with B&B, Shaka Doug, and the MOC shark dive, with some tentative plans for a dive(s) with Tim. We'll have at least a couple of free days - if any locals (or visitors) want to get a dive or two or three in, PM me and we'll see if our schedules may coincide.

It's always good to meet other ScubaBoarders (ScubaBoardians? ScubaBoardizens?)...

Cheers!

David (Hopefully Tim can find his computers by then:D )

All 3 are currently hanging up on a nail in my new organized Scuba "shack" ... hopefully I won't lose them again ... :D

See you next week :)

Aloha, Tim

Hey Aloha David,

It was cool to dive with you and your wife last week. Glad you got to see that Manta! It was a quick fly-by but that's why we flip out so much when we really get a few minutes with them.

I hope you like the pictures I got of you...especially the one with you suspended in the water with your camera set up. I thought that looked cool!

See you next time around and thanks for the barrel!

I'll be posting a trip report soon, but for a quick overview:

We did three tanks with Doug and had a blast! Two dives were at Doug's "Secret Spot" and one at Ulua. Turtles out the wazoo, a manta, eels, frogfish, leafy scorpionfish...the list goes on and on. Thanks for the dives, Doug!

Four tanks with B&B - they truly go above and beyond for their customers. Two Molokini dives (back wall and inner crater), one dive at Red Hill, and one at White Rock. Sharks, eagle and manta rays, turtles, frogfish, etc., etc. Thanks to everybody at B&B - you really know how to treat customers.

One dive at the Maui Ocean Center in the shark tank. Over two dozen sharks and rays, including a 6.5' tiger. Truly an amazing dive. Expensive and somewhat short, but wow. Just....wow. Don't know if anyone from MOC hangs out here, but if you do, thank you for the stunning time.

We ended up having much less free time than we had planned (as most of our vacations do), so we didn't get out with Tim, which is unfortunate - I was really looking forward to that. Tim, thanks again for the offer.

Like I said, I'll have a more thorough trip report later, but wanted to put out a quick thanks to the folks that made our trip special.

Doug - think of us when the tub is full of ice and beverages!

Thanks again, everybody...

David

Back
Top Bottom