Anybody here ever....Snowboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hey scuba_freak, i'm originally from Clare, moved to California 4 years ago, and been snowboarding since...Sierra's are a 4 hour drive away from me at the weekends, so obviously we spend 8 hours every weekend during the ski season in the car :D

someone told me it gets easier as you get better, i'm waiting for that..after diving i come home tired, after snowboarding i'm tired and sore...very very sore...

ah dia duit conas atá tú?

nice to see another irish on the board- we're few and far between we are!

Oh to live where i could board regularly.... i suppose Scotland is an option...

go maith go raibh maith agat agus tu fein?

yeah i usually hang out in the nor cal section..who'd have thought after moving to california i'd be diving in water as cold as in ireland?

probably be eaier to get to scotland than to tahoe the way traffic leaving the bay area is...:D

Snowboard is great!!!! I love it as much as diving. At the beginning - which was 10 years ago - it was a nightmare - every muscle was sore even those I didn't know that exist.
Now I love it, off side and halfpipe. And even regular slopes.
Yeah you reminded me that the winter season is coming..... Got to get my board out of the basement.
Mania

Yeah, I ride about 35 days a year at a little place called Kirkwood. I've been a season pass holder for almost a decade. I'd say I ride well and welcome anyone on the board to join me for a day at the wood.

A few secrets to share with you. The first is about speed. Don't be afraid. Speed is your friend on a snowboard. It's actually easier to do going fast than slow. If you fall going fast you slide... if you fall going slow you go "thud"...no slide, no fun.

Next, how to fall. Believe it or not there is a right way to fall. If you fall backwards (going to land on your back) cross both arms over your chest with elbows bent. This little trick keeps you from ripping your shoulders out of the socket as you slide along on your back. If your falling forward (going to land on your face) It's natural to put your arms out to break the fall. That's fine, but when you do this, make fists with your hands, it causes you to turn your arms so you don't snap your wrists and end your season early.

Lastly, get yourself a nice brain bucket (helmet). Riding without one is like diving without a buddy. :wink:

Oh, and please don't leave any trash on the mountain.

gdenny, kirkwood is where i have my season pass as well, i'm there most weekends during the ski season..well i was last year anyway, this year i want to do more winter diving..so not as much boarding i'm afraid...still hope to top 20 days though

mossym:
traitor!!!!...:D
Nope.
C'mon, I live in Poland. During the winter is much too cold to dive (ice diving is not what I love the most). So this is time for snowboard.
:D:
Mania

mania:
Nope.
C'mon, I live in Poland. During the winter is much too cold to dive (ice diving is not what I love the most). So this is time for snowboard.
:D:
Mania

ah i guess we can forgive you so..:D

gdenny:
A few secrets to share with you. The first is about speed. Don't be afraid. Speed is your friend on a snowboard. It's actually easier to do going fast than slow. If you fall going fast you slide... if you fall going slow you go "thud"...no slide, no fun.

As insane as it sounds- it almost makes sense :11:

ooh, i can already feel the friction burns on my a$$ :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom