Anybody heard from....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingGal

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
It's been awhile, and I haven't heard from Joewr. Anyone know if he's OK?

Hey DG,

Joewr is (was) ok as of last week. I received an email from him saying he is doing fine.

There are quite a few of the "old gang" that are MIA. Joewr, Mario, The "GAS MAN", and BLT (Jimbo). I miss there input and humor. I hope and wish they will all come back to the fold someday.

I got a letter and a really cool photo from Joe for My birthday (will post both tonight). So I think he's doing okay.

I will let on that the "Dive Instructor from Hell" Thread caused quite a bit of fallout in many respects, and unfortunately Joe got caught up in some of it. In the Moderators forum, he said he was going to sit out for a bit and let things cool off.

I too hope he comes back soon since he is a great asset to this board.

And here's three dots in his honor -- ...

Jimbo has been spotted on line by CavernQT and LadyDiver....evidently there is something weird about his current connection to the net that prevents him from getting on.

Gassy I don't have an update about....last I heard he had arrived back home okay from his Canadian Trip. Perhap's he's in some sort of detox to help him stop adding "eh?" to the end of each sentence.

I beleive Mario has dissappeared for good.

Thanks for the info guys. Don't you hate it when good friends go missing? I'm relieved to hear that Joewr is OK.

As for Gasman - I heard from him once since his return to NZ. At that time he was still settling accommodations, setting up dive training, and getting over having a bad cold.

I " talked" to Gasman 2 days ago in a PM. I wish so much I hadn't deleted it so I could post it here for everyone. But I'm trying to keep my Pm's "cleaned up" since my room is always a mess.
Anyway, Gasman is doing fine. He is busy doing his instuctor training. He also had a hard time with his computer. But I think he's going to try hard to post again. I told him we all miss him.
:sunny:

This place just ain't the same without Joewr. He has a great and unique sense of humor and is always quick with good info, whether it's about photography or advice and/or info on the Carribean. Before my trip to Belize, as the storm Chantal was bearing down on Belize, he took the time and trouble to keep me informed via e-mail with information and updates on the storm and the addresses of websites with satelite imagery so I could moniter the storm. The Scubaboard is fortunate to have someone like him looking out for us and his help is one of the "perks" of being a Scubaboard member. He is an asset to the Scubaboard and I hope he returns soon.

Zag,
I think a lot of people will miss Joe. I bet he'll fade back in some time after the New Year. Sometimes people just need a " Board Break."
In the mean time there's still Walter and DeepSea, Herman, Dee, Mike, Pete, and tons of others that can help with photo and travel questions, not to mention equipment stuff too.

What did happen to Mario? I know he'll miss his trademark 'Mario' icon (Nintendo just doesn't like to share) - but I enjoyed his humor and insight.

Martin,

I think it might help if you look at the board like a business.

Sometimes people quit.

He has found an interesting opportunity and has chosen to persue it and this prevents him from participating on the board.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom