Anybody bought Epoque ES-150 DS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StingRob

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm plannig to buy this strobe to make it work with my Nikon 4300 camera for which I bought a Fantasea CP4 Pro. I was expecting to a sync cord but apparently doesn't have one, I guess is a slave strobe with sensors on bottom part.
Anybody had any experiences with this kind of strobe?
Safe Diving

This site is showing a sync cord for that strobe.

This site does a strobe comparison by brand. It does not include the Epoque but the writer does negatively comment on them.

It is not a very powerful strobe. I had one a few years ago and sold it as I was not happy with it. IMHO put your money into a more powerful strobe.

I was thinking of buying one because some say it does a good job (but not extraordinary) for his price.
If you compare it with a YS yes this last one is more powerful but it costs much more... For now budget will decide :wink:

Thanks for the tip.

Safe Diving

Gilligan:
This site is showing a sync cord for that strobe.

This site does a strobe comparison by brand. It does not include the Epoque but the writer does negatively comment on them.

It is not a very powerful strobe. I had one a few years ago and sold it as I was not happy with it. IMHO put your money into a more powerful strobe.

I had a bad experience with the Epoque strobe. It's really a very poor design with a small, single o-ring. Yes, mine flooded on the first trip. I would highly recommend staying away from this strobe and either saving or waiting until you can get a different one. Even before it flooded, I wasn't really satisfied with the light coverage. It also wasn't totally dependable -- buy maybe that was operator error.

You can wait and buy a better strobe now, or you'll just be doing it later after you are dissatisfied with the Epoque. Obviously this is just my opinion, but I sure wish someone had shared this with me before I had to experience it. Whichever way you decide, enjoy your photography!

Good to know, thanks for the tip.

Safe Diving

SDunbar:
I had a bad experience with the Epoque strobe. It's really a very poor design with a small, single o-ring. Yes, mine flooded on the first trip. I would highly recommend staying away from this strobe and either saving or waiting until you can get a different one. Even before it flooded, I wasn't really satisfied with the light coverage. It also wasn't totally dependable -- buy maybe that was operator error.

You can wait and buy a better strobe now, or you'll just be doing it later after you are dissatisfied with the Epoque. Obviously this is just my opinion, but I sure wish someone had shared this with me before I had to experience it. Whichever way you decide, enjoy your photography!

Back
Top Bottom