Anybody been to Vortex or Morisson Springs lately?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ttriton

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Any dive reports for Vortex or Morrison? How's the crowd like on a Monday or Tuesday? Thinking of heading over and getting a few dives in.
Daughters newly certified and I'm looking at getting her some dive time. I'm in Southwest La so it's about 7 hours drive for me. Any other dive suggestions would be appreciated. Don't have to be spectacular diving, just looking for some decent dive time and experience.

Thanks

We were at both on 7/23. I dove Morrison and just swam/played at Vortex with my son. Conditions/vis at both were great. That prior Monday and Tuesday, I dove the jetties at St. Andrews during high tide and had great vis and current was good. If your drive is 7 hours, plan it with high tide and dive at the jetties one day and then go dive the next day at one of the springs to get the best bang for your buck.

---------- Post added August 6th, 2015 at 06:36 PM ----------

BTW, regarding crowds, I didn't see any other divers at Vortex (lots of swimmers though) and probably seen 8 other divers at Morrison with couple dozen swimmers.

Is a dive flag needed for Morrison?

I didn't dive one. I think I remember some divers off to the side having one, but you should be fine without.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom