Question Any way to get the datasets with the decompression data in convenient digital format (csv, db, whatever)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ryebrye

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
A lot of the decompression models are validated against a series of data sets that are commonly referenced (like DC4D, DC4W, etc) - does anyone know if there is a digital version of those data sets?

I'm taking a course where I need to find and play with interesting data sets to apply different machine learning algorithms to them - I figured playing with deco-related ones might be fun (though if I have to do a ton of data cleanup on it, I might find something else to work with.

I can find plenty of things that list out names and descriptions of data sets (like https://apps.dtic.mil/sti/pdfs/ADA442657.pdf ) - or even this paper that has the profiles printed out and as a table - I don't have the time to go through that and get them all into a convenient format (csv or otherwise), but I'm curious if anyone else has done something to make that data more accessible or not.

Looking at the numbers in that pdf, even if you get hold of those source files, I doubt you'll have enough data points to both train and test your models.

Back
Top Bottom