any suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mooseknuckles

Registered
Reaction score
hello my soggy friends,
I'm looking for help with straightening out a bent tip on a scuba fin. My girlfriend purchased a pair of fins from an estate sale recently and one corner is bent at a 45 degree angle, about 2 inches from the tip. They must have been stored improperly for some time or something. I'm not sure if it will affect their performance, but I was wondering if anyone has ever come across this before. I guess my questions are:
1: can the corner be straightened?
2: how?
3: does anyone want to see me naked? :eyebrow:

mooseknuckles:
hello my soggy friends,
I'm looking for help with straightening out a bent tip on a scuba fin. My girlfriend purchased a pair of fins from an estate sale recently and one corner is bent at a 45 degree angle, about 2 inches from the tip. They must have been stored improperly for some time or something. I'm not sure if it will affect their performance, but I was wondering if anyone has ever come across this before. I guess my questions are:
1: can the corner be straightened?
2: how?
3: does anyone want to see me naked? :eyebrow:

1. Do you have a picture so we can see it?
2. Hot water, Hairdryer, and then slow constant pressure with something heavy for a few days? It works for other things made from plastic or rubber.
3. No, at least not today. Thanks for the offer

WOW! Thanks for such a quick answer, and you were right on the mark!
I boiled up a little H2O, dipped a fin, pressed it down with some weight, BAM!
-course, I'll have to take most of the credit....... but I'll dedicate my first "Lobstah" this year to "THE Dive Queen"!
Thanks a bunch and keep in touch!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom