any suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pbowl

Reaction score
I'm looking for a new place to go on a trip to. I've been to Bimini, Bahamas three times now, and I love it there. I like the small places that aren't crowded like that. Any suggestions on a Caribbean/Bahamas etc destination that isn't a megaresort with 100's of divers on a dive site? Please let me know suggestions of destinations and specific resorts/dive operators there. Thanks!

pretty much anyplace on Bequia or Little Cayman

Small Hope Bay, Andros, Bahamas

Riding Rock Inn, San Salvador, Bahamas

Southern Cross Club, Little Cayman

All three of the above would meet your requirements – small resorts, uncrowded dive boats, fantastic diving.

Mark

Little Cayman, Grand Turk, Salt Cay.

any suggestions for diving in Turks and Caicos? say like a liveaboard?

I went to Turks and Caicos... and Grace Bay is one of the top rated beaches and dive locations. It was absolutley beautiful!!!!

Little Cayman or Cayman Brac. I've been to Little Cayman Beach Resort and liked it a lot. I have heard good reports on all the Little Cayman Resorts. On Cayman Brac we stayed at the Divi and liked it. We walked down the road to check out Brac Reef Resort and it seems nice, too. Roatan has more people and resorts, but it is still pretty much off the beaten path. Anthony's Key Resort there was excellent.

pbowl:
any suggestions for diving in Turks and Caicos? say like a liveaboard?

We've been on the T&C Agressor twice and will be back again next February. I've heard good things about the Belize liveaboards (both the aggressor and the peter hughes boat). Also, if you want to get away from it all and dive in a small group, check out Turneffe Island Lodge (off Belize).

Back
Top Bottom