Any suggestions for GenSan/Sarangani Bay Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ISKO

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm planning to visit Mindanao late Jan to early February. I've dived in Davao but would like to try Southpoint divers in Sarangani Bay. Their website does not really give much information. I'm concerned that the current might be too strong for me there. Any suggestions?

Paul Partridge, who runs southpoint divers is a PPDer - give him a PM on the board and he'll help you out. Partridge is his username here. I know Jag (shugar) has dove with him and will be able to shed light on the current.

check out this thread Gensan Scuba Fest

aboot the current... it's really not that strong, but the sea gets pretty rough in the afternoons. make sure you ask paul or john to take you see the sharks. have fun.

ps. if you wanna dive davao again, drop me a line. the water's el magnifico this season, plus i don't believe you've tried out all our dive sites :eyebrow:

aboot the current... it's really not that strong, but the sea gets pretty rough in the afternoons. make sure you ask paul or john to take you see the sharks. have fun.

ps. if you wanna dive davao again, drop me a line. the water's el magnifico this season, plus i don't believe you've tried out all our dive sites :eyebrow:
show em the frogfish nest....:D

The current can be quite strong at times, the tinoto express. But a bit of current also means have you will have a better chance of seeing the big school of jacks and several napoleon wrasse that hang out at the sandbar. It's just a matter of timing and your comfort level, most of the time it is not an issue. No worries.

There are several nice dive sites right in front of SouthPoint Divers, and they have a great place looking out over Sarangani Bay. Paul usually dives on the weekends and holidays, if you are looking to dive during the week he can make arrangements for you. That might be a good time to head out to Maasin Reef with John to find the shark cave. I've seen eagle rays out there a couple times also, its a nice offshore site worth making the effort to go to. Visibility tends to be better there and a good variety of fish life.

With those funky fins the current should not even be an issue!:D

ROFLMAO!!! LOLOLOLOLOL.....that is a FLASHBACK to extreme funk!!! LOLOLOLOL

I'm planning to visit Mindanao late Jan to early February. I've dived in Davao but would like to try Southpoint divers in Sarangani Bay. Their website does not really give much information. I'm concerned that the current might be too strong for me there. Any suggestions?
i really enjoyed my dive with paul in gensan... too bad only did get to do 1...

but i'll be there feb 22 so i plan to do 3 or so dives

the current wasn't rabid, there was a slight one and it made for a relaxed drift... the wall is really long so even when we made our way up after the dive there was more wall left un-dived...

Jag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom