any suggestion??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kym1489

Registered
Reaction score
Hello to all,

I from malaysia, and I like to take open water dive course at Tioman, so may i have any suggestion which dive center i should go:huh:

I do some research already but still can make a decision, i wish my first diving experience will be unforgetable.:eyebrow:

Thanks to all.

Do you live in KL? if so you should consider doing your theory and pool where you live and then do a referal for your open water dives.

Where on Tioman do you plan on staying?

My last visit we stayed at Salam and dived with B&J's.

victor:
Do you live in KL? if so you should consider doing your theory and pool where you live and then do a referal for your open water dives.

Where on Tioman do you plan on staying?

My last visit we stayed at Salam and dived with B&J's.

I am not staying in KL, i at JB now, so Tioman is the nearest island i can go, hehe. I heard that tioman is a nice place, but me and my friend's still new in diving sport so we would like to have some opinion from experience people.

Anyway, thanks for ur suggestion.

kym1489:
I am not staying in KL, i at JB now, so Tioman is the nearest island i can go, hehe. I heard that tioman is a nice place, but me and my friend's still new in diving sport so we would like to have some opinion from experience people.

Anyway, thanks for ur suggestion.

Ok
Here are some sugestions.
Don't book in advance, go over to the island and stay for a couple of days.
It is more important that you get on with your instructor than which dive shop you use.
If possible try and chat with some students that they are teaching.

Remember it does not have to be PADI, all major certification agencies provide simillar standards at OW.

Don't be preasurised into buying equipment. If you can buy a mask up front as they do need to fit well and everyone's face is different. Mask fins and snorkel are a worthwhile purchase as you can use these even if you don't dive in the future.

Good advice from Victor. Try to pick a dive shop where you feel comfortable. Not too comfortable; you don't want instructors who are more interested in taking your money but not teach you properly. Better with someone who puts you under a bit of pressure but teaches you correct and safe diving. My recommendation is http://tioman-dive-centre.com/.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom