Any squid or eggs at Redondo/Vets?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ken Kurtis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I haven't been out lately but wondering if anyone has seen any signs or inklings of squid (or eggs) on any dives at Vets lately. Squid season generally runs mid-December through the end of March so this the is the time of the year to start looking. (For those not familiar with this, during a "good" season, the squid come in and lay eggs with regularity at night and the eggs clusters are easily visible day and night down the slope and at depths between 60-100 feet or so.)

Was diving today at VETS.
Toured the monument, 3 🐙 and down the slope 60-70’ no signs of any squid eggs.
Water temp mostly 59, 57 at depth.
Entry easy, but watch out for the double trough. You can be an arms length from the shore and be on 6-8’ of water.
Same for the exit.
Waves 1’, no power.

I haven't been out lately but wondering if anyone has seen any signs or inklings of squid (or eggs) on any dives at Vets lately. Squid season generally runs mid-December through the end of March so this the is the time of the year to start looking. (For those not familiar with this, during a "good" season, the squid come in and lay eggs with regularity at night and the eggs clusters are easily visible day and night down the slope and at depths between 60-100 feet or so.)
I was there last Friday and Sunday night, no sign of squid or eggs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom