Any smart way replacing dive lamp with higher rating

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadudee

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently got a used D8 dive lamp. Managed to do some kind of holder for my UW camera usage.

I am fascinated with the HID technology but is restricted to do so as I am planning a trip soon.

Wonder anyone tried using the light canon HID bulb for the D8 Xenon bulb instead? Or is there any other options??

Thank you

scubadudee:
Hi all,

I recently got a used D8 dive lamp. Managed to do some kind of holder for my UW camera usage.

I am fascinated with the HID technology but is restricted to do so as I am planning a trip soon.

Wonder anyone tried using the light canon HID bulb for the D8 Xenon bulb instead? Or is there any other options??

Thank you

You'll have trouble getting that to work.

I think the D8 has a 9.4v battery which will be hard to match with any HID bulb on the market and the D8 lacks the ballast that you'll need.

R..

Isn't it 8 X 1.5Volts ? Giving it slightly more than 11Volts?

I browsed the Xenon series of bulbs and found some fitting perfectly. Lumens of about 400+, for a minature hid two pin, 9.4V (they carry as well) approx 4000~5000K.

I found afew sites but yet to reference them and do the necessary calculations....

wanna help?

What do you recommend??

http://www.theledlight.com/led-specs.html#White_LEDs

scubadudee:
Isn't it 8 X 1.5Volts ? Giving it slightly more than 11Volts?

I browsed the Xenon series of bulbs and found some fitting perfectly. Lumens of about 400+, for a minature hid two pin, 9.4V (they carry as well) approx 4000~5000K.

I found afew sites but yet to reference them and do the necessary calculations....

wanna help?

What do you recommend??

http://www.theledlight.com/led-specs.html#White_LEDs

I think bcsean is right. It's 8 NiCad batteries. These will be 1.2 volts so 9.6 in total. The 9.4 I quoted before came from the hip so I'm sorry about any confusion.

But now I'm not sure what you're asking. The website you quoted has information about LED's but you were talking about HID. Those are two different things. Do you want to use an LED in your lamp or a HID bulb?

R..

Opps....was thinking of using the HID technology in replacement of this Xenon bulb. Anyway, I do find some info about this bulb.

You have any suggestions? I cannot locate the last website I found it...something to do with the medical xenon and HId system...they call the dive lamps as minature bulbs.

Back
Top Bottom