Any Sat 5-16 diving???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikeguerrero

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Before I put away my gear, is there anyone diving tomorrow that wants an extra in their group?

We had such a spectacular dive with Don and Brian I'd love to go out again, and tomorrow is lookings great.

MG

Looks like we might have one diver that is planning on diving tomorrow, does anyone else want to follow us to the BW for a Metridium dive or a nice wall exploration dive?

MG

I would, but I'll be at Coral St. with a group from Wallin's tomorrow morning. Have fun!

Where did you go in the boat? How was it?????

I went out on Sanctuary charters. We hit Castle House, Inner pinnacle and did a night dive at aumentos reef.

It was A-W-E-S-O-M-E. I need to do more local boat diving. I guess I'm going to have to set aside a monthly allowance for at least one boat trip a month. I keep forgetting how great our local environment -especially the non- shore dive sites.

I posted a trip report and some photos up on another thread.

Sat was some nice diving... I met up with Mainek and we did two dives in BW... The first one we swam out to hit the Metridiums but fell into 40+ feet of water and got two small patches... I tried finning forward on a 30 degree heading and ended up hitting deeper water and about 65+ feet both of us decided to turn back at 1500 psi...

With a 210 heading we slammed right into hidden beach against the rocks in a pile of kelp that engulfed everythimg, with only 390 in our tanks Mainek decided it was too risky diving below the kelp to get to shore...

We instead used our regs on the surface and swam in between the kelp and finally made it out and tracked back to the wall, what a walk and what a work out...

On our second dive, we did the wall and swam out to about marking number 8 and we dropped and then hit the wall, by this time viz wasnt' that great, early it was really nice and we only had about 25 feet.

We turned around early since Mainek was on a 80 tank and we headed back in. Mainek led the way back and it was all in all a fun dive. On the way out I ran into Bbianchi and we spoke about his dive on doubles at Butterfly house, he had a good dive but his Argon bottle placement is bothering him.

Third dive, I ran into some friends, Mike Martinez and John Yasaki who owns a Zodiak also ran into (Michelle who was passing the time waiting for the night to commence, she had her first night dive on the Sanctuary Boat). They were resting up from their first dive and I asked if I could join them for my third. They were sure and I got an extra airfill and off we were to Steam Engine.

Martinez suggested that I drop my rig in the water and not try to place it on topside to save time and space. I lost about 500 psi trying to connect all my hoses and prefer tipping off the boat. Even though I struggled the drop down to Steam Engine was a delight.

At only 48 degrees of water and a whole shelf of life down there to explore I eagerly tried out my Explorer light and man that light was the bomb, the colors that it lights up are just unbelievable, I'm so happy I got it even though it cost me an arm and a leg.

Oh yeah I ran into Ben CA and his friend eating at the deli, he gave us the coordiates to make it back into BW just incase we lost the wall, thanks Ben....

MG

Hi Mike,
Great report. Yes it was indeed two fun dives in pretty good condition.

We turned around early since Mainek was on a 80 tank and we headed back in. Mainek led the way back and it was all in all a fun dive.

Mainak was also quite cold by that time, with close to 90 minutes in water over two dives in a wetsuit :D
But he sure did enjoy the nice sunny topside condition.

Mainak

Back
Top Bottom