Any reviews or experience on these Maldives liveaboards?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BikerManiac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
MV Moonimaa, MV Princess Haleema or MV Carpe Diem??

I heard very good things about the Manthiri, but they dont have enough guest to go out. What about the Sea Queen? I am looking on going to the Maldives the last week of May and spend 2 weeks over there. 1 week on the sea 1 week on land.

Any recommendations?
Thanks

Hi,
You should check out Eagle Ray

The dive master on this safari is Manik, who was the dive master on Manthiri for over 10 years.
He has almost 20 years of experience in Maldivian waters.
He has about 10,000 dives.
Even though Eagle Ray is a newer business, the crew and the dive master/instructors are experienced in this business.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact.
loona@maldivestraveller.com

For more information visit

Maldives Dive Holiday - Liveaboard Dive Tours

Warm wishes
Oceanic Dreams

For lack of response in the forums and after many searches online trying to find a liveaboard in the Maldives. I was able to find spot in the MV Ariqueen booked with Awesome Maldives vacations. I have not been able to find any reviews online or more information about more liveaboards in the Maldives. I wonder why, but I will sure post my experience and reviews once my trip is complete.

Thanks.

We were on the Eagle Ray for a 10-day trip in May/June 08. I second Oceanic Dreams comments about Manik and the crew of the Eagle Ray. We had a great trip even though it was the onset of the wet monsoon. Boat is very comfortable, food was great and Manik is quite the character in addition to be a great dive guide.

Well, I think you didn't find any review of the Ari Queen because it started operating this year.

As for the Princess Haleema and the Moonima II, they're not managed anymore by Macana Maldives. Now they're managed by a French company.

The problem may be the date: most safary boats don't work from mid May to mid July/beginning of August.

Anyway, enjoy your stay in the Maldives and have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom