Any recommendations for dive shops near Paphos to take us to Zenobia?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dutchgirl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, we will be going to Paphos for a relaxing holiday, but now trying to convince my boyfriend that we cannot miss the Zenobia, even though it's around 2 hours driving. As we won't have our own transportation, we would prefer booking with a dive shop near Paphos to take us there (and as I understand most diveshops end up on the same big boat anyway). Do you have any recommendations? I trust your opinions more than random people with only 1 or 2 reviews on Tripadvisor for example :)

Cyprus Diving Adventures in Pissouri, which isn't too far from Paphos, are excellent. We did a week's diving with them a couple of years ago including three days on the Zenobia, which was definitely the highlight. Their hire kit was very good as was their organisation. Even if they are a little far from you, maybe give the owner Steve a call as he'll be able to give you an expert opinion on the good, and not so good, operators around Paphos.

They also cater for tech divers if that's something that interests you.

In fact I've just remembered that my avatar is of me and a couple of mates on one of the Zenobia screw blades. It's definitely a beast of a wreck!

Thanks Graeme, will check them out! Too bad our GoPro got flooded during the last dives, so we won't be able to take pics or video if we indeed decide to dive the Zenobia :-(

Try Dive-In @ Larnaca... I did the same drive 4 days on the trot! Definitely worth it.

Home | Dive-In Larnaca | Dive Zenobia | Diving in Cyprus
Thanks, but we're really looking for a shop near Paphos so that we will not have to arrange our own transportation and also that we can be a bit more flexible if for example bad weather occurs and we need to reschedule. But I'll save the name for if we like it so much that we would like to go back some day!

Caveats, I was staying in Kyrenia with a rental car but used Dive Stop Protaras for my dives on Zenobia, well now, two days ago. (sigh) back in the real world now...

Good shop, good equipment, good instructors. It seems that yes, many do use the same boat to go out. Pretty sure they can arrange transfers.

The Zenobia is definitely worth seeing. A few times. Several times.

Back
Top Bottom