Any Recommendations for a Honeymoon diving trip in Asia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Based soley on reading through copious reviews and my own assumptions the following resorts would be my dream wish list of dive resorts in Indo:
Raja4divers in RA, Dive Raja Ampat Biodiversity Hotspot - Raja4Divers - The location seems perfect. Or Sorido Bay Resort. That way you can do a LOB and a land stay in RA and get the best of both worlds.
Ganga Island Resort, www.ganggaisland.com off of Bangka, has some amazing reviews, (Luko recons its the best in the world!!! High praise indeed! Ha ha)
For muck you could look at Lembeh so Kasawari or KBR or Lembeh Resort or or should fit the bill.
If Komodo tickles your fancy then Komodo Dive Resort, Komodo Resort - Diving Club seems to be the best in the area.

As for LOB...Indo Siren is the only one I've been on BUT it really was amazing.

So far the best diving trip I have done was a 5 day stay at Lembeh and then a 10 day liveaboard at Raja Ampat.

The best trip was three weeks in Bali and then a 10 day liveaboard at Raja Ampat.

If diving is all you want then the combination of Lembeh and Raja will give you great dives, but there is not much else to do at Lembeh and nothing else to do on a liveaboard. Not a problem if all you want to do is dive and talk to other divers. Lots of options at Lembeh - budget will dictate which one you choose. All dive the same sites, some in more comfort than others (bigger faster boats - some return to the resort after each dive some have you stay on the boat between dives), some with more amenities than others, but all pretty good.

Doing Bali and taking some time to explore the island and doing some dives gives you an adventure and some diving. Follow up with a liveaboard to Komodo or Raja Ampat gives you some excellent diving. Arenui, Damia, Dewi Nusantera are three luxury boats to look at. Lots of others, depends on budget. Bali has everything from basic acommodation to ultra luxury.

However with flights you are going to be running at the limit of your budget to do luxury resorts/liveaboards and both stay at a resort and do a Raja Ampat liveaboard.

I'm impressed by the photos at this resort's website (not visited or anything though): Misool Eco Resort - Raja Ampat, Indonesia

I've booked this for my honeymoon a year from now. Both my fiancée and I love liveaboards, but not for our honeymoon. Misool diving gets rave reviews and the resort setting looks stunning. Apart from anything else it's very remote and off the beaten track - perfect to get away from it all.

Man, after our trip that we just got home from, I'd highly recommend Atlantis Dumaguete combined with a trip on their liveaboard. Now, mind you, I didn't see the boat. But I saw both of the Atlantis resorts, and if the boat holds to the same standard, it would be fabulous. Atlantis Dumaguete is secluded and beautiful, and although you might think you would want to book one of the suits, I'd recommend one of the oceanfront rooms instead. The rooms aren't huge, but the view is spectacular, and the sound of the ocean at night is wonderful.

Their dive op is top rate -- utterly professional, efficent, and incredibly friendly. Dumaguete is coastal muck diving, with weird and wonderful critters, and they run boats out to Apo -- but if I were going to do a week on the liveaboard there, I'd skip the Apo Island dives.

The food is great and the spa is fabulous.

We had a ball. We're going back in October. I think it would be a magical place to have a honeymoon.

I think a couple of divers could have a pretty good honeymoon on the Dewi Nusantara too. The rooms are fabulous and two of you could fit in the shower. :)

Komodo, a lot of dives with current and washing machines.................................A cruise in the maldive + one week on an island is an outstanding quality/price ratio.

maratua paradise resort is where i had my honeymoon! its in the derawan islands off of indonesian borneo, built over the water with a long walkway that connects to the island. walking around the resort you can look down and see turtles, stingrays, and lionfish in the water. diving is one of the best i've been to with macro and reef/wall in front of the resort, mandarin fish in the shallows next door, dives around the island with tons of barracuda and turtles. drift dives around neighboring kakaban island with surface interval in a jellyfish lake in the center of the island, and dives with mantas at neighboring sangalaki island.

Thanks guys I really appreciate the info. I have looked at Atlantis dumaguete and it does look nice. I will check out misool resort too as raja is top of the list. I have been to bali a few times and really love the place, especially ubud. I think the super luxury LOB maybe out of the budget if we want land based time as well but will chk out the prices for 2015/2016. Gangga island I would live to stay at so maybe that can be an option. So many options, and Derawan island as well - now that would allow a chance to see the satomi Pygmy seahorse! Ha!

I can recommend Vietnam as a destination, the southern part. There´s an island called Con Dao and a luxury resort there that looks wonderful, prices seem reasonable depending on your liveaboard trip later!

Here´s the link to the resort.
Six Senses Con Dao - Luxury Con Dao Resort

Also, congratulations!

Definitely Raja Ampat on a liveaboard....Black Manta or Mermaid 1.....or Komodo on Mermaid 2.

Have a wonderful honeymoon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom