Any Poseidon BeSea in Cent FL?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oceanus

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I'm planning to purchase a tech rig (Cave/Wreck/Deep) soon and would like to check the BeSea out in person if there's one in the area.

It's basically a 2 horse race between the BP&W and TransPac, but the BeSea looks viable.

Thanks in advance

POSHAD.jpg

I think you can do more with a BP/W. Small cell, SS BP, single tank to start with and then progress up to the more tech setups.

I agree that is the general concesnsus and for good reason. However, I do think that it will be replaced with a soft "hiker" design (amazing advances in backpack designs over the last 10 years). I just don't know if the TransPAc or BeSea are finally there. If I had to order something today it would probably be the DSS Single Rig or similar (OxyCheq, FredT, ...)

I have a little time so I would like to see the order options before pulling the trigger.

I think it boils down to your personal preferences and goals as a diver. Take a look at the Apeks WTX4 system too.

My vote is with a simple BP/W and harness.

Yeah the practical/conservative part of me thinks everyone should start with the generic SS BP&W and hog harness, then modify as needed.

I've comitted to buy a local SS DR plate (only $50),
and I also PM'd Tobin about his stuff

I agree with eandiver, the B/P wing setup will most likely serve you better. If you really want to see one, they have one at Scuba West in Hudson. Looks interesting but the padding seems way to thick to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom