Any Pool Players?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a pool table in highschool. My brother left for college on wed. Had my li'l bro in his room and pool table in the other on friday! My friends all bought me a set of black-light pool balls for graduation, really nice...I need a new table so I can use them...

I wish I had a nice pool table. Love the game, great thing to do when not diving on a stormy day.

av8er: Since I'm sure you'd know this answer; what sort of thing should I look for in a good cue? I don't know too much about it. I've always considered getting my own since the ones at the pool halls usually are bent or have crooked tips.

I'd like a nice simple clean looking one, also sturdy enough that I could use it in a bar fight if necessary.. can I get one with a sword hidden inside? lol

Not sure about the hidden sword but the craftsman shop determines how long it is going to last. Any stick you pick up at a local sports store will be straight at purchase and it will probably feel good compared to the bar sticks you are used to. Another important consideration is the ferrule and tip. When you purchase a quality stick it comes with a quality. ferrule and tip. Ever noticed how the ones at the bar have the smashed up flat tips that cause you to miscue??? Spending 100 bucks or so on a good cue that will last you for life is a small investment consideing the amout of cheap 30.00 you may purchase over time.

Great entry level cues

http://www.mcdermottcue.com/Competitor.asp

check out the genesis MG-01 through MG-07
check out the alpha plus C-151 through C-157

If any of those interest you PM me for my price.

That makes sense. I'm guessing by ferrule you mean the metal rings to hold the wood together at the connection? is there a connection that's better than others? or are the typical screw type pretty much the best?

The C157 looks good... does that price include choice of tip? I think I'd go with the control tip #2 for best all around use.

If the tips at the hall were flat I'd probably shoot better considering they are usually not only flat, but angled or offset. heh

The ferrule is the white piece on the tip of the shaft. You are reffering to the joint. Correct almost all sticks are jointed by a screw permanently fixed in the butt of the cue. I do not prefer the metal on metal connection at the joint. This takes away from the smooth, soft, controlled hit you are going to get from wood on wood. If you are interested in the stick I can do a lot better than the MSRP listed on the site. PM or call me if you are really interested.

Features five coats of “High-Luster” urethane to dramatically increase the cue’s scratch resistance.
how does the urethane keep me from sinking the cue ball??? lol..ahh sorry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom