Any place to buy tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kanonfodr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well I am back from my year-long business trip, new gear should be here any day, and a few dive buddies lined up (not forgetting about you, Mussels).

I'm just looking to see if anyone knows an op that actually stocks tanks to buy, since I'm hoping to save some money on the insane cost of shipping tanks to the island. I only really know one LDS, and they do rather well for me, but just don't carry tanks.

Many mahalos.

Peace,
Greg

I know Aaron's in Kailua (which is currently my LDS) has tanks available for sale. Mostly Al80s, I think. Personally, I would monitor Craigslist's 'sporting' section for the next few weeks, as there are often used tanks available for purchase in all manner of sizes (both aluminum and steel, too!). Just make sure the hydro test date is still OK. Doesn't matter quite so much if they're out of VIP, since it will probably only cost $30 or so for a VIP inspection (but only if you're reasonably sure the tank will pass the test and won't be condemned).

Where are you going for VIP?! I pay less than 10.

Don't have a clue. Your deal sounds great, care to share?

Peace,
Greg

Edit: Just noticed this is my 100th post. WOO HOO!!!

I get my tanks vipped for free, since my husband is a techie, but I think that's the going rate in our neck of the woods.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom