Any place to buy large shoes on island?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wmperry

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Strange question, I know... I wear a US14 sized shoe and have almost completely worn through the soles of my shoes wandering around the island for the last few months. Mega doesn't seem to carry anything above 10-11 and I'm not quite ready to fold my feet in half. And I don't think the pair I have will last me until I head back to the US this summer.

Any suggestions? Need actual sneakers for working out -- can't run or ride the bike very well in flip flops...

-bill

I am pretty sure it is nigh unto impossible to find them on the island. Maybe on the mainland??? Or you could get someone in the April group to bring you down a pair in their suitcase?

I feel your pain. I've never found a pair of 14 shoes for sale anywhere in Mexico. Sorry.

It won't help you for working out, but Havaianas shops sell size 13/14 sandals, at least in Cancun. You might try some of the hotel gift shops for flip flops. While more expensive, they may cater to larger feet.

Bill, did you try Tres Hermanos a couple of blocks east of the main square?

I will give Tres Hermanos a try tomorrow. If that doesn't pan out I'll have a friend mule some down in April. He is already bringing some other bits and pieces. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Back
Top Bottom