Any other divers who live on Eleuthera?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eleutheradiver

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I am a PADI DM living on Eleuthera in the Bahamas, and looking for someone to do some local diving with (reefs, non-penetration dives of the various ocean holes, bottle diving, or whatever else). I've got my own tank (although no compressor), and do not have a boat so I mostly stick to shore dives. I've got several lesser-known sites in mind that remain completely unexplored, and which I'm not quite comfortable soloing.

Thanks,
John

Hi, I was wondering if there are any places in or near Gregorytown, Eleuthera, to rent a tank? I have been going there for the last 3 years on mission trips and will be coming back in June for another mission trip, and then staying an extra 7 days because I love it there.

Clearwater Dive Shop in Governor's Harbour rents tanks for $12-$15 a day, and I think refills are $6 or so. I'm not aware of any tank rentals further north of there (although a guy named Jackson in Current might do tank rentals, might be work asking around there).

Let me amend that recommendation with a caveat: I visited the shop to rent a tank, and didn't: the tanks they rent all seem to date from the early 1980's (30-year-old AL80's that they don't know the history of, have not been visually inspected in years, and have plenty of dings and deep scratches on them). I wouldn't even want a pressurized one in my car, let alone on my back!

I am living in Wemyss Bight, and have a compressor and tanks, I know I'm far from you guys, but drop me a line and maybe we can work something out.

Back
Top Bottom