Any other Brits on here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where in Norfolk are you from? I've got cousins in Taverham (just north of Norwich), and coincidentally overlapped with a guy that knew them and was doing his Divemaster training while I was doing instructor. Not sure if he's still in Norfolk, though.
I lived in Norwich and I know Taverham.
Is your cousin a diver?

Learned to dive in sunny 🌞 Norfolk, fresh.
Moved up to the North East for a new job and hooked up with a new club up here. Looking forward to getting in the water with the seals 🦭

My club does a lot of work with Dive Heart, helping people with disabilities experience scuba.
Nice.

There's some good diving up there. Love the seals; need another trip there, hopefully things will pick up now the covid nonsense is over.

The diving out of Eyemouth and St Abbs is great. Have a couple of weeks booked with Marine Quest this year doing their classics.

Normally in the South out of Eastbourne.

Also have a week diving out of Malin which is just superb.

I lived in Norwich and I know Taverham.
Is your cousin a diver?
No, but their acquaintance (the DM candidate I crossed paths with) obviously is. His name is James Leeming.

Funny story: James and I are on Roatan (Honduras), walking the perhaps 3/4 mile form our housing to the dive shop and chatting. I asked him where in England he was from, and he said Norwich. I told him I had cousins in Taverham and he just about fell over laughing before he told me he too was from Taverham. Turned out he was Facebook friends with a couple cousins.

And cousins is overstating it: My mom's 2nd cousin was a genealogist as am I, and we re-connected. Since he passed on, it's now my 3rd cousins and my children's 4th cousins that live there. Turns out of two brothers, one moved to Canada and the other stayed in London. (We get on well, and have visited each other as many times as travel budgets allow. )

No, but their acquaintance (the DM candidate I crossed paths with) obviously is. His name is James Leeming.

Funny story: James and I are on Roatan (Honduras), walking the perhaps 3/4 mile form our housing to the dive shop and chatting. I asked him where in England he was from, and he said Norwich. I told him I had cousins in Taverham and he just about fell over laughing before he told me he too was from Taverham. Turned out he was Facebook friends with a couple cousins.

And cousins is overstating it: My mom's 2nd cousin was a genealogist as am I, and we re-connected. Since he passed on, it's now my 3rd cousins and my children's 4th cousins that live there. Turns out of two brothers, one moved to Canada and the other stayed in London. (We get on well, and have visited each other as many times as travel budgets allow. )
Don't know him I'm afraid.
Do you know who he dives with?

Small world!

I am not a Brit but live in the U.K. 🇬🇧

Yes, Midlands. Ex tech diver, now shore diving North Wales, West Coast Scotland and quarries. Slowly giving up!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom