Any Online Stores that have good return policies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

if you know people that have it, why can't you ask to borrow it to try?
They unfortunately do not live anywhere near me either. I actually contacted Zeagle - a) to let them know what one of their stores is telling potential customers about their products and b) to try to find another store. They connected me with a store that is still 2 hours away - but an easy drive. I'm heading down there tonight.

@Allie Hutch

Run out and get the SeaCure mouthpiece, NOW. It is the best $30 something dollars I have ever spent for scuba gear. I used to have such problems with rental regulators (and regulators in general) until these. They come in two sizes and are incredibly easy to custom mold. It changes the game. Your mouth will thank you! Also, when you decide to purchase your own regulator, I find that having braided hoses and/or a swivel hose really helps minimize the stiffness and "pull" of most hoses which might make you want to instinctively chomp down even harder on the reg mouthpiece. (I promise the SeaCure will make it so that you can just relax.)

As for the BC....Don't buy anything that you can't try, even if you think you know that is what you want. At the very least, try it in a pool. Finding a dive shop with a pool is a must. Experience has told me this when I ended up either demoing it out in the open ocean or when I demoed it in a pool. A good dive shop will not want you to be stuck with what you have if it doesn't work. A good dive shop will work with you, whether that is exchanging it for something or giving you a store credit, etc. I know you mentioned some of the shops you have been in contact with allowing you to do this--Make sure they have a variety of brands that you can use that credit on, whether accessories or another BC. The last thing you want is a credit at a shop you wouldn't otherwise buy anything from.

One thing that you can do which is what I did when I bought my BC was I reached out to the manufacturer and mentioned my dilemma. I ended up getting a call from the regional sales manager and he arranged for me to demo the gear at a local shop. Don't be afraid to ask. I would be specific about the model and not just the brand as you have already done.

Also, some LDS will price match online prices. I like giving business to them and it's nice to be able to really try everything. PS I love my Scubapro Ladyhawk. Aqua Lung ones didn't fit me so well. Didn't try Zeagle. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom