any north dallas divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mickkeg

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hey all!

I just moved to Dallas for work and am looking for a shop to maybe take some specialty dive courses from. Have found a few around Addison where i live but i always like to get recommendations first. Any opinions? Thanks for the heads up!

Mickkeg,

Welcome to the board, and welcome to North Dallas. One thing you won't find lacking here are the recommendations for dive shops!

International Scuba (Carrollton and Garland) and Scuba Toys are a couple of good shops in the area. Others will post their recommendations as well.

You can also find a lot of swampers hanging out at Clear Springs Scuba Park on the weekends.

Regards,

Mick: Welcome to the Board. I tend to be partial toward ScubaToys, but then again I Divemaster for them. Also be sure to check out the ScubaToys website, and Forums. Almost all of the shops in this area wind up out at Clear Springs for training and weekend diving.

Welcome to the board! I don't get up near your area much, so i don't know of the shops previously mentioned, but Lone Star Scuba is currently rebuilding a Poseidon reg i bought off craigslist and they are really nice and informative!

Dive West on Greenville north of Caruth Haven. Travel / warm water shop. Scubapro, Aqualung and Oceanic. SSI affiliated I think. Standard OW though DM classes. Scientific Diver class taught at Aquarena Springs that I want to take but haven't yet. Nice folks and closest to my house so I try to patronize them when possible.

Lone Star Scuba in the shopping center on the SW corner of LBJ and Preston. 8-10 doors down from Chili's. TDI affiliation. Good selection of tech gear. Scubapro dealer. I've spoken with them a couple of times about taking Adv. Nitrox / Deco Procedures but have yet to pull the trigger.

Scubatoys on I-35. Probably don't need to tell you about them since they are discussed on the board all the time. It's hard to walk in there for less than $100. You've been warned. :) Ryan1985 here in the Swampers forum works there. I don't think he brings a paycheck home at the end of the pay period. (at least I wouldn't)

Scubatoys on I-35. Probably don't need to tell you about them since they are discussed on the board all the time. It's hard to walk in there for less than $100. You've been warned. :) Ryan1985 here in the Swampers forum works there. I don't think he brings a paycheck home at the end of the pay period. (at least I wouldn't)

Paycheck what is that??? :rofl3::rofl3:

We have a few AOW and Rescue classes coming up in May. Both are very fun classes.:D

I'm an instructor with Adventure Scuba in Plano. I'd be happy to meet up with you sometime and talk diving and what you want to do.

Welcome to the area.

Paycheck what is that??? :rofl3::rofl3:

DRIVER HAS NO CASH. SPENT ON DIVE GEAR.:rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom