Any Monterey dive shop open on Sunday NYD?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, I called them and they are indeed open.

I hope the conditions fare better than they did today. Was at Monastery and saw similar conditions to last weekend. The Southern End was much calmer but I wouldn't enter with that much water movement. There was heavy froth at the shrinking kelp bed. The Northern End appeared dive-able with greenish/blueish waters. The tall rollers that came in hinted at substantial water movement below. If you correctly timed the sets you could walk in but I wouldn't chance walking out. If you mistime the lull, you would have been in a world of hurt.

Decided to see how Monterey fared. The northern winds blew straight into San Carlos Beach. A diver that had parked right next to the bottom stairs reported 10-15 feet with a strong surge. I'm getting too soft these days. Called everything off and just headed home. If you decide to go tomorrow, hope the waters are much calmer and clearer. Wonder if the boat divers had better luck.

Thanks for the report claudhl.

Back
Top Bottom