Any malta drinkers can lend some help? (OT)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

slackercruster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Picked up the habit of drinking malta many years ago while living in the islands. I like Power Malt and Vita Malt the best. Was told they are sold in FLA. I wrote both companies and never got a reply as to distributors. Where I live in NE US no malta around here. Was looking to buy a few cases of malta on an upcoming trip to FLA. Anyone drink malta and can offer some advice where it is sold? Will be driving from top of state to the keys, so am flexible on store locals. BTW, if you never tried malta it is like a dark, very sweet, malty, non bitter beer with almost zero alcohol. Nutritious as hell and lots of calories. Great drink to wash the salt out after a dive. If you like booze...add some rum.

Thanks

I've never tried malta, but I frequently see malta Goya on the supermarket shelves. I don't know if it's any good, but it shouldn't be hard to find.

If your passing through Orlando....almost every supermarket sells it, but if your looking for a particular brand, then your best bet is finding one of those ma & pa latin grocery stores. Have you tried India brand? In my opinion, thats the best one out there! Also, I know some brands made in the Miami area. Let me see if I can find you a location!

I live in the wilds of New Hampshire and have no trouble at all finding malta. It's stocked at nearly all chain supermarkets. I prefer VitaMalt, though, and Malta Goya and Malta India seem to be the easiest to find around here. I had to go to Worcester, MA to pick up a case of VitaMalt.

When I contacted VitaMalt to try to find a distributor to track the stuff down, they could only give me a postal mail address for the distributor. My letter has not yet been answered.

rotorboy:
If your passing through Orlando....almost every supermarket sells it, but if your looking for a particular brand, then your best bet is finding one of those ma & pa latin grocery stores. Have you tried India brand? In my opinion, thats the best one out there! Also, I know some brands made in the Miami area. Let me see if I can find you a location!

Yes, tried India and goya as well as princessa and a few others... thanks for the info.

mstevens:
I live in the wilds of New Hampshire and have no trouble at all finding malta. It's stocked at nearly all chain supermarkets. I prefer VitaMalt, though, and Malta Goya and Malta India seem to be the easiest to find around here. I had to go to Worcester, MA to pick up a case of VitaMalt.

When I contacted VitaMalt to try to find a distributor to track the stuff down, they could only give me a postal mail address for the distributor. My letter has not yet been answered.

Oh...you are lucky.

Kind of a random thought, but if it's really hard to find, you might want to try making your own. I brew my own beer and I think our wort (the brewed beer before it is fermented) tastes a lot like malta. It's actually a lot better in my book, since you can make it taste however you want.

If you're interested, I'd be happy to provide some tips - just let me know.

This thread is amazing. I never met anyone who drank malta who spoke English before. You want Malta Hatuey, I can send you a warehouse of that stuff.

ooh, yeah, NOT a fan of the malta.. but i see it all the time at supermarkets here. just frequent the non gringo areas and you'll spot it in the soft drink aisle at your local publix. good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom