Any interest?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sea nmf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm just putting feelers out right now. I don't even know if I can get a boat to do this dive I've always wanted to do.

I've always wanted to get in the water on New Year's Eve and come out on New Year's Day. This would entail getting a captain to agree to go out that late. Before I call around, can I get an idea of who may be interested in doing something like this?

I realize it might just be me. I have no life outside of diving . . . . .

hmmm...maybe if I get a babysitter, the wife agrees and I win the lottery.

Becky, you could come to Michigan and dive with Bob and the Michigan Underwater Dive(MUD) Club. They do this every year. Of course, it might be an ice dive. . . .I, on the other hand will be staying inside ( at the house where we have the party before) keeping nice and warm
:D Maggi

yea Becky, JB and I would.

Alex would probably do it...

so would Joey

we should book a boat soonish.

Maggie - I don't think so! Why don't you come to warm Hawaii?

Catherine - I don't dare book a boat until I see if I have enough people. So far, there are just 4 of us.

Wow! You may be forcing my hand... my sister wants me to come out for Christmas (my parents will be there) but my husband wouldn't be able to go... If I were out there, I'd totally be into that. If diving around home weren't ice (literally- lol) cold on New Years, I'd steal your idea! But an ice dive at night just doesn't sound as appealing!

Hope you guys have a GREAT dive!

I have done this off a boat and during a shore dive. I think it's a ton of fun. I think Shaka Doug would understand the principles behind a bottle of bubbly down there, not sure but he might. The guy is smart.

Back
Top Bottom