Any interest in titanium powerheads?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oldenred

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am a machinist by trade and plan on making some powerheads out of titanium so that it weighs half as much and you never have to worry about rust. Does anyone here have any interest in such an item? Not looking to make any sales at this time. Just looking to see if there is a market for them. Price range will probably be in the $225-250 area.

It will be a screw on. First ones will be .357 mag and probably .223 next.

I might have some interest in something like this.
I don't know how he made it, but the reload time is amazing.

Almost seems like he's using multiple barrels. He's not messing around with reloading the barrel or anything that I can see. Just keep a dozen barrels on hand that have a round in em. Unless you can get me a look at the design I wouldn't be able to come up with any other thought on it.

How does a "powerhead" kill? Is it a bullet or something else please?

While it does shoot a bullet that isn't what really kills the fish. The majority of the trauma comes from the explosion. Sort of like when Crocodile Dundee uses the dynamite to kill fish. Only difference is a much smaller explosion and only affects the targeted fish.

So it is a special exploding bullet not a typical gun bullet? Does the use of this type of head require any special licensing in the US?

I am presuming that it is used for very big fish also.

So it is a special exploding bullet not a typical gun bullet? Does the use of this type of head require any special licensing in the US?

I am presuming that it is used for very big fish also.

Same bullet as used in a gun. Just have to seal around the rim and primer with some fingernail polish. Each state has it's own set of laws that have to be abided by when it comes to powerheads. No special license is needed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom