any info on great white diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tyson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
hey guys, im heading over to San Fran in late October and want to try and get a dive in with these beauts! I hear the season is good then so anyone got any advice/recommendations for a shark-crazed Canuck???

Bottom line: "Forgetta 'bout it."

The trips out to the Faralon Islands are long and expensive and there's no guarantee that there will any sharks or that, if there are, there will be any visibility. Chumming and baiting is forbidden.

I don't know of any local divers who have ever gone out there.

We dive year round with the knowledge that they're somewhere in our area and have adopted the idea of not messing with them and, so far, they've returned the favor.

That said, you'll be coming at a GREAT time to get some GREAT diving in around the Monterey area.

Thanks for the tips. I found this one place called greatwhiteadventures.com/farallon_details.html. ever hear of them? your right it is quite pricey but definitely worth it if I see one:). Even still I would love to check out Monterey, Im an Instructor and am up for any kind of dive. I just want to see what you guys got! Cheers

so if cage diving is a long shot can anyone out there recommend a good shop/dive charter in SF or close by??? i'll be in town from oct.20-30th, I really want to do dives in your beautiful waters, i hear its incredible! any help whatsoever would be much appreciated. Thanks guys

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom