Any info on DIVEX 950 regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi aquageorge,

That reg seems to be largely limited to use in Europe. You might have better luck posting to a board over there.

Best of luck.

DocVikingo

I was rooting around looking for info on the Divex & came across this old post, decided to resurrect it.
I have my mitts on one of the critters & am very impressed with it, the 1st stage, while larger than the Poseidon (my favorites) also uses a thermodynamic mass for anti-freeze protection. It's a piston reg with a very short throw so even in the event of freeze, it still won't bother the thing much.
http://www.divex.se/luft/reg950en.htm
The IP on the reg is only 5 bar - 73.5 psi
It's capable of delivering massive amounts of air, no way to over breathe the thing no matter how hard you try or how deep you are.
Notice anything "interesting" about the 1st stage arrangement? :wink:

aquageorge:
Anybody uses Divex 950? Comments please...

The Divex950 is not a new product. It was designed more than 30 years ago by Stig Insulan (SI-Tech) Dive Ex is one of his companies that was set up for special products. The Diveex950 is available from SI-Tech, though it is not on their website yet. I saw Stig a few weeks ago at DEMA and they had a good supply of these.

The Divex950 meets and exceeds all CE standards, breathes exceptionaly well and is designed for extreme cold waters.

I am sure if you emailed Diveex you can get one somehow.

Regards,

Nice to hear a little more about the history; the critter here just happens to be a DEMA refugee w/ a Si Tech sticker on it. :wink:
I wonder why those Swedes are always years ahead of the US when it comes to gear design?
It brings to mind the little AGA doubles from the late '60s-early '70s. The only reason they didn't take off was the inability to find a decent 4500 psi fill back when the "normal" fill was half that.

The SiTech/Divex is a very unique and clever design, as one would expect from Stig, reputed to be the best reg in the world for extremely cold water due partly to it's very low 5 bar IP and special, dedicated oversize hoses. Maybe its no surprise that up to now most shops carrying it seem to be within a stone's throw of the arctic circle!

The reg has a powerful venturi boost but it is due, apparently, more to the design of the 1st stage than the second - there are venturi ports inside similar to the Mares DFC connecting the regulator ports to the piston chamber.

The 2nd is just about the only 2nd I can think of that still uses an upstream tilt valve, but it's a very unusual one. Rather than the diaphragm acting directly on the tilt valve, as traditional tilt valves did, there's a clever lever system to amplify the movement. Because of the low IP, a dedicated 2nd is required for an octopus, and it has a special fitting on the 1st stage end, that blocks off the venturi passage in that port so the octopus won't be as likely to free flow.

I haven't had it deep, but it seems to be a very good breathing reg, though with a noticable amount of boost. I got some pictures but I can't seem to get them to upload right now.

The 2nd is just about the only 2nd I can think of that still uses an upstream tilt valve, but it's a very unusual one.
I was just wondering... how long was it after you got home 'till ya took it apart? (or did you even wait that long?) :D

By the way, the 1st stage has a slight magnetic signature about it, is it SS?

Just when I thought I was beginning to understand!! Piston or diaphram, or hybrid? Looks to me like a diaphram design (HP seat and balance chamber) with the diaphram replaced by a solid (piston) floating head.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom