Any idea if these establishments are open?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So it looks as though we won’t go hungry :)..Mr Taco and Los Ochos are my favs....

Thanks to all that posted.

LaMission.jpg

i have seen numerous photo posts from Casa Mission, so they must be open, just not sure about dinner (presumably so )

La Mission and Casa Mission are two different places.

La Mission and Casa Mission are two different places.

I think we were on slightly different pages. When sprklep said downtown La Mission was closed but she wasn’t sure about “the other location”, I assumed she meant Casa Mission. I was just trying to say I think Casa Mission is open.

There used to be another La Mission on 30 but I think it has been gone years now (but don’t quote me on that, it was more of a breakfast place and I don’t usually eat breakfast :). ) I believe La Mission in downtown , La Mission on 30 and Casa Mission on 55 are/were owned by the same family. The food at Casa Mission is quite good and the grounds are probably the best on the island that don’t involve an ocean view

Another sad photo
106787795_10157754745492775_4463089736822598322_o.jpg

I had heard from a DM that Palmeras is doing renovations and planning to reopen. Was supposed to be the 15th but obviously that won't happen based on what it's looking like when we drive by.

The food at Casa Mission is quite good and the grounds are probably the best on the island that don’t involve an ocean view
This is a bit of a non sequitur, but if you go to Casa Mission in the rain or soon after one, be very careful on the walkway from the street. The last time we were there on a rainy night two of us took falls out there, and I was one of them. The tiles on that walkway get slick as ice when they get wet.

I had heard from a DM that Palmeras is doing renovations and planning to reopen. Was supposed to be the 15th but obviously that won't happen based on what it's looking like when we drive by.
I would imagine it to be not uncommon that places would take advantage of the forced down time to make renovations and do maintenance that would be harder to do in more normal times.

There used to be another La Mission on 30 but I think it has been gone years now (but don’t quote me on that, it was more of a breakfast place and I don’t usually eat breakfast :). )

That was Parrilla Mission! I wouldn't know about their breakfast, we used to loved to go there for dinner. They even had a tiny hots buffet bar to go with dinner that had awesome nopales on it. We even took fish out there to get cooked. We loved that place. But apparently we must have been the only ones....

And Casa Mission is open and super safe!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom