Question Any guesses how to open this light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Badger7

Contributor
Reaction score
No wrong answers, well, no wrong guesses. This Orca ZD710 was replaced under warranty, condensation in the light head. While I'm dissapointed it happened, the warranty replacement was extremely easy and convenient.
That leaves me with this light with quite a bit of condensation in it. Still works. I'd like to try to crack it open, dry it out, and see if I can get a good seal. Tried continuing to zoom it both directions with significant torque, no dice. Maybe it splits on the light head somewhere? Screw inside the switch? Hoping someone might have an idea or two to try. At some point I'll just go gonzo and then we'll know post-mortem, but if I can get it resurrected would make a nice backup light for someone.

1000009324.jpg

1000009323.jpg

d4cc0990-2e05-4acc-b570-f70cc1c8f498-1_all_13013.jpg

d4cc0990-2e05-4acc-b570-f70cc1c8f498-1_all_13018.jpg

Hoping someone might have an idea or two to try.
With the condensation, it may have an expanded battery with a resulting 'over pressurization' . It's a real long shot but you can try to freeze it for a day or 3 and then quickly try it. Bonus points if while frozen you stick just the end cap in a cup of boiling water to help break the seal because of different temperatures. It beats drilling it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom