Any good specialties?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kids Sea Camp. Even though it's at a kids camp the certification is for adults too and even counts towards DM certification.

Kids Sea Camp. Even though it's at a kids camp the certification is for adults too and even counts towards DM certification.
I'm not sure that is offered by Buddy Dive, but rather by the KSC instructors. I also teach a Distinctive Speciality at Buddy Dive (Coral Identification) when I have a group there, but Buddy Dive cannot offer it.

The one course I did take there was Underwater Naturalist. I enjoyed it, no regrets.

The one course I did take there was Underwater Naturalist. I enjoyed it, no regrets.

I second that. This is Jerry Ligon that teaches this course, and it is excellent.

**Edit:

I'm very sorry to see it, but I just looked Mr. Ligon up on Facebook and it looks like he has passed away. This is sad news indeed, he was obviously very knowledgeable and enjoyed sharing his passion with others. He seemed like a really neat guy. I'm sure it's a loss felt very keenly in the island's small community.

Here is a link to a thread on this forum on his passing.

Last edited:
Sadly, Jerry did pass recently. He was well known and highly respected.
There are several people on Bon who have excellent knowledge and can conduct a very informative and enjoyable Naturalist course. I suggest inquiring at your dive operator. If you can contact and hire Susan Porter for a guided dive, you will have one of the best dives of your trip. IMO

Back
Top Bottom