Any good salt diving in the orlando area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tsunamigav

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am going to be in Orlando for July 4th weekend and am interested in doing a boat or shore dive. Any suggestions for the nearby area, like in cocoa beach? Please let me know!!! :confused:

tsunamigav:
Any good salt diving in the orlando area?

Orlando is inland. You gotta go to the coast, of course, there are some saltwater pools in the area.

hmmm.....I can't afford a boat trip this time around. Any shore dives (i.e. a jetty) as I head back home between cocoa beach and j'ville that you guys would consider to be a lot of fun?

Ya, but you have to drive from the middle of the state to the coast to do a shore dive. (DON'T THINK THEY HAVE ANY JETTIES IN THE HOTEL POOLS)....try some near by lakes if you want to though.

tsunamigav:
hmmm.....I can't afford a boat trip this time around. Any shore dives (i.e. a jetty) as I head back home between cocoa beach and j'ville that you guys would consider to be a lot of fun?

there isn't any shore diving in that part of Florida, sorry. the only possibility is
the north jetty in New Smyrna Beach, south of Daytona. i've heard very mixed
reviews, and most people don't bother.

boats at Daytona, St. Augustine, or Jacksonville will be your options

If you don't mind a little driving, I'd head south to Jupiter. It's a couple of hours but much better diving than Daytona or Cocoa. However, this is coming from a guy who routinely drives to West Palm from Lakeland (2 1/2 hrs) to go diving for the day. Check out Jupiter Dive Charters (www.jupiterdivecharters.com). Captain Paul runs a great boat.

Just my 2 cents.

Doug

hmm.....ya, that seems like a lot of driving for a poor tallahassee boy! I checked out the site though. Good rate for a 2 tank dive! :14:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom