Any good PADI instructors in India?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

P K B Dass

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi, I am looking out for an experienced diving instructor in India. I propose to learn diving and would be grateful if I could get some information on ideal diving locations for beginners plus experienced diving instructors. Happy diving! :) PKB

Barracuda Diving in Goa is probably a good place to start. Didn't get any lessons from them but was impressed with their professionalism on guided trips. I can imagine that Venkat, the proprieter, would be a good teacher - he's certainly a good laugh!

Only prob with learning in Goa is the poor visibility prevalent in the area - we took a trip with Barracuda to Karnataka to enjoy better visibility though the diving's possibly not ideal for beginners there.

More expensive alternatives to Goa could be Lakshadweep Islands or Andaman Islands.

Many thanks for your timely information. As I am a beginner I would prefer learning diving at the Lakshadweep/Andamans. Do you anyone in these areas who are competent enough? High Regards and keep smiling. :) PKB

I had written several emails to barefoot dive in the Andamans and to their registered office at Chennai and deeply regret that not a single email of mine has been acknowledged, leave alone answering my queries. Indian diving is in a very sorry and sad state of affairs. It is very obvious that Indian dive instructors simply do not want to help.

I am now toying with the idea of setting up a diving school in India in the foreseeable future. And, I shall make it a point to engage PADI diving instructors and coaches from foreign shores only. This is one way by which, perhaps, Indian diving would be benefitted. While all is fair in love and war I hope that better sense prevails and we correct our self-egoistic views in totality. Cheers! PKB

I'd still seriously recommend Barracuda diving in Goa. I believe the instruction will be excellent and there are apparently some excellent wrecks in the area:
http://www.barracudadiving.com/
Vis in Goa is supposed to be 6-12m which isn't that awful - certainly better than the UK!

They even do the PADI Open Water course at Netrani now:
http://www.barracudadiving.com/divedestinations.htm

Netrani is a great place to learn in actual fact as there are dive sites for all levels of diver - we had a whale shark on one of the dives at Netrani (sadly I was looking the wrong way when it cruised by.

Go talk to Venkat!

Thank you very much Danny. The URL www.diveindia.com has a "Contact Us" email id to which no one responds. I am not sure if Vinnie, the owner, has a private or personal email address or mobile contact. In case you happen to get in touch with him could you obtain his mobile or landline number. Would be extremely grateful. Many thanks. Ciao! PKB:)

Dom, I really feel the need for a Sub-Forum on India diving, especially in the Andamans and the Lakshadweeps, and the Diving school at Netrani. Smaller countries have sub-forums, very useful indeed. A similar sub-forum on India's diving would not be out of place. Cheers! PKB:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom