Any Firemen out there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
My daughter is dating a young fireman (in Germany) and she wants to surprise him for his birthday with an American Fireman's Helmet for his collection. Does any one have a Helmet that they don't want or need anymore? Or an idea (besides ebay) of where I can get one?

Aloha,
Lisa

Since none of the firefighters have answered you so far, I'll go ahead and chime in.

In terms of authentic used equipment, your best source is going to be eBay. However, a quick check shows them to be quite expensive even used, with the majority seeming to be sold by the same person (based on the shipping quote).

If new is want he or she wants, a good place is Galls. They have one model that's not much more than some on eBay. Of course it lacks the decals and "patina" of being used by a real firefighter.

http://www.galls.com/category2.html?assort=general_catalog&cat=2675

If a helmet is too much to pay, she can search elsewhere in the Galls site for other, less expensive stuff like gloves or off-duty wear.

RonDawg:
Since none of the firefighters have answered you so far, I'll go ahead and chime in.

In terms of authentic used equipment, your best source is going to be eBay. However, a quick check shows them to be quite expensive even used, with the majority seeming to be sold by the same person (based on the shipping quote).

If new is want he or she wants, a good place is Galls. They have one model that's not much more than some on eBay. Of course it lacks the decals and "patina" of being used by a real firefighter.

http://www.galls.com/category2.html?assort=general_catalog&cat=2675

If a helmet is too much to pay, she can search elsewhere in the Galls site for other, less expensive stuff like gloves or off-duty wear.

Of course, she could buy it, start a fire and throw in the helmet for a few minutes :wink:

I may be able to dig one up. I think I know where there's an old antique one that can be had, probably pretty reasonable, too.

When does your daughter need it by?

justleesa:
My daughter is dating a young fireman (in Germany) and she wants to surprise him for his birthday with an American Fireman's Helmet for his collection. Does any one have a Helmet that they don't want or need anymore? Or an idea (besides ebay) of where I can get one?

Aloha,
Lisa
lisa, i was a fireman for the riolinda dept and am still an EMT, i just made a call and a friend (the chief) is trying to get me one FREE, this is a MAYBE, it is a long shot but lets see what i can do for you!!!

Wow, this is just fantastic.....thank you so much :blush:

She said by the end of the month, but I am sure - considering the gift - a rain check would do :D

Old fire helmets are hard to come by and firefighters are VERY reluctant to get rid of them. If you want used, Ebay is the place. If you want new go to www.firehouse.com and go to the product link, lots of retailers there. My only old one was my fathers, and that I would never part with!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom