Any experience with Weefine lights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

and your working distance (CMC) goes essentially to zero. For me at least with the CMC on a OMD-EMii system it was mostly not useable underwater. The light itself is quite nice .
Bill

I'm using an RX100ii. Haven't bought a close-up lens yet, so I'd probably just go for a single +6 or +7 option, which looks like leaves a 16cm or so working distance. Less the 4cm depth of the ring light, that's 12cm which seems doable, right?

Or would it just be better for me to spend the money adding a second strobe to my kit?

Anyone have any experience with WeeFine lights? I've been considering the Solar Flare 5000, which appears well priced for a 5000 lumen light.

Did you get it? I bit the bullet & bought 2 of these Solar Flare 5000. They are bright!

Any additional opinions on the Ring Light 3000?

Would that mounted as my sole light be reasonable for general photography?

Any additional opinions on the Ring Light 3000?

Would that mounted as my sole light be reasonable for general photography?

I don't think ring flashes/lights are good for general photography--only macro where the subject is quite close to the lens. Otherwise I'm assuming you end up with backscatter.

Admittedly my only experience with ring flash has been land-based...Why wouldn’t a ring light (strobe) produce a beautiful source for flat, shadowless macro underwater stills?

Did you get it? I bit the bullet & bought 2 of these Solar Flare 5000. They are bright!
Old post, but how are you getting on with these Lights? as I am looking to purchase a pair with Remote Control for my GoPro setup! I ask as there are no reviews or Videos of these in action and they are over a year old, so a bit concerned spending £1200 UK for 2 Lights and remote with optical Cables!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom