Any experience with Suunto Eraser?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you have the Vyper2 then the sample rate can be set to 60, 30, 20, 10, or 1 second.

If you have the original Vyper then it is 10, 20, 30 or 60 seconds.

Actually, I have the Vytec. I _did_ play with the sample rate after that comment.

I'm not hearing a resounding "Go for it--it works!" I suppose its not worth risking damaging it with a hack fo rnot much benefit.

Thanks to everybody who responded.

Newbie, signing out.

I recently purchased a used D9 and used the Suunto Eraser program to return it to factory setting and erase the previous owner's dives. I couldn't get it to erase just the history and had to use the factory new option. Anyway, it worked fine for me.

I tried usin the eraser program on a Vyper air and it went thru the motions but did nothing.

The Vyper and Vyper 2/Air are completely different hardware/firmware platforms. Third party utilities written for the Vyper are unlikey to work with the Vyper 2/Air. The same applies to Cobra and Cobra2/3.

Thanks for the info on the Vyper 2.

Adjusting the sample rate is a good idea--it is only adjustable to every 10 seconds, but it will at least speed up the process.

From what I've read so far, the memory is more like that of a flash drive--not power dependent--so unfortunately removing the battery isn't adequate to clear the memory.

I'd think it's fortunate the memory is not erased on changing battery.

Adam

I'd think it's fortunate the memory is not erased on changing battery.

Adam

True Dat.

I've been using it without moodifying the log for the past few months, and, other than occasionally having difficulty with synchronizing with the pressure sensor, have been happy as is.

Chris

An old thread for sure. I found DCEraserV3.0.zip. Unzipped it and it runs as V3.3.0 I tried the Factory New Option on my D9. It cleared everything from the D9.

Back
Top Bottom