Any experience with sea life reefmaster digital?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JHAM

Reaction score
I would like to know if anyone uses a Sea Life Reefmaster digital camera and how has thier experience been. Last weekend I was able to demo one at Gilboa and had a lot of fun with it. From what I can tell by doing only one dive it would be a great toy.

Just wondering if anyone has taken the big dive with a reefmaster digital and can tell me more about how they like 'em. If yhis is you please reply as I am hungry to collect a little information.

I'd do a search, pretty sure this was just current...maybe a thread started by Wildcard? Can't remember.

I think, for the money, you should head towards the Oly Stylus range or the Canon range (A series or S series or Ixus series have all produced great results).

Have a look around and if you can't find the answers, ask away!

Jham, I've got a reefmaster rc film camera and it can take some pretty good pics. See the thread on pg. 3 I think entitled "developing underwater film" or something similar to that. I posted 5 there. But, I felt REALLY limited by the focal length of the lens. I bought the 3x close up lens that is supposed to be from 2-4 ft range but still a lot of them came out blurry. I ended up with some pretty decent pics for my first try but there are a lot where I couldn't get close enough to get good pics. From what I'm seeing, it would be well worth it to buy an olympus 5050/5060 and housing or a canon A70 (is that it?) and housing if you're going to do any close up photos (closer than 3ft) instead of buying the reefmaster. I'm considering this already and I've only taken my reefmaster on one trip. I'd rather suck it up and buy a better camera, take close ups and buy the strobe later instead of having to guess with the reefmaster. Just check out the awesome photography here from Gilligan, Dee, Alcina and many others (too many to name) with cameras in similar price ranges. Also see the thread at the top having to do with buying your 1st underwater camera. Good luck. I think this is going to be addicting. Take care, Greg

Dang, I'm putting out misinformation, the thread is near the top of pg. 4. Good luck, gt

Hmmm, seems like someone likes being able to post their pics on the web, LMAO. Dee, the first link would be the best. Its after I figured out the scanner and actually posted them in the correct size. Thanks for providing links to the threads. I'll probably have people knocking down my door to get copies now, ROTFLMAO. Take care lady. I appreciate your help. gt

LOL...yeah but they can see how far you've come!

I thought he might get more info about the camera from the second one. Plugging in 'Reefmaster' to the search engine gets alot of hits.

Thanks again. I love this board but I've got to get to bed. I won't be worth anything at work tomorrow and I've got a lot on the agenda. See you all tomorrow. Take care, Greg

Night night, Don't let the bugs bite! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom