Any effective noise maker for 7mm hood?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aerobics111

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Primary purpose is to signal for emergency and I won't be using it for purposes of pointing out cool things.

I've tried shaker with magnetic cap and tank banger. To my surprise, even the tank banger wasn't loud enough to be heard by my buddy, even though he was paying attention to hear for it.

Is there any louder solutions or cold water divers could only rely on lights for signaling?

Have never used a noisemaker. Annoying and unreliable. Proper buddy position negates 99% of the issues. The other 1% can be handled by touch contact and light useage.

Ideally, you and your buddy should be close enough to each other, and aware enough of each other, that you don’t need an audible underwater signal for emergencies. Also, with a 7mm hood, probably not gonna happen.
Skip the noise makers and concentrate on awareness is my best recommendation.

Erik

A powerful torch with narrow beam.
A torch is also a safety equipment so carry it for ALL the dives but make sure the battery is more or less fully charged.

Aerobics111:
Any effective noise maker for 7mm hood?

1652624717397.png
One of these is pretty effective on steel tanks, but is really rough on the finish.

:facepalm:

Have never used a noisemaker. Annoying and unreliable. Proper buddy position negates 99% of the issues. The other 1% can be handled by touch contact and light useage.
If they're out of reach, you could always use a spear-gun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom