Any Dry Suits for under $1000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I'm a new northeast diver (NJ), and instead of dropping the money for a 7mm wetsuit just for the summer, I would like to buy a dry suit that I would be able to use all year round.

So, my question is, could or will I be able to find a good (NJ) dry suit for under $1000?

I'm not afraid to buy off the internet, so if anyone can help me, please do so!

Any Idea is a good idea.

:confused:

I know they have a trilam that they were advertising as being on sale for like $899 when it was regularly $1500. I don't know anything about the suit or its quality though...

I bought a Bare D-7 Supradry ,7mil Neoprene drysuit on e-bay for $330!!
at first I thought it would be good just until I can afford something better....... well, the more I dive it the more I like it!! at first it was really hard to get in and out of, now it's pretty easy. It's real warm too! Sometimes too warm, :wink: I'm glad I've got a wetsuit too!

Compared to the DUI suit we got for my wife (with undies and tax close to $2000) its quite a deal!!

even at Leisure pro this suit NEW is less than your $1000 limit

You can check out that suit and others by Bare here

good luck,

I just purchased a Northern Divers CNX 200 suit from SportExtreme (in Denmark, www.sportextreme.com ) via the internet, for $780. It's a hell of a suit.. hyper compressed neoprene (quite similar to DUI's crushed neoprene) kevlar knee pads, built in hood, back zip, neoprene cuffs, shoulder autodump. The boots are better than any I've seen on a drysuit before.. they're vulcanized, but remind me of wetsuit booties in looks. They fit in the same fins I had been using before. It's very stretchy and very tough, I can't wait to go somewhere other than the pool with it. You really can't beat the price. After shipping and import duties, I had spent about $820.

I almost bought the Oceanic Aerdura from Simply Scuba (http://www.simplyscuba.com) for about $850 (i think it's $900 there now). Cordura suit, I've heard great things about it. Very tough and allows a lot of motion. Simply Scuba (a British company) also has a couple other Oceanic suits, as well as Typhoon.

Viking suits also seem pretty popular here in the northeast.. my LDS guy swears by them, and offered to set me up with an X-treme for about $1100.. but I couldn't justify the extra cash for a suit I didn't think was all that comfortable. I couldn't find them online.

You could also stop by LeisurePro in NYC on 18th street. The store is quite nice, and it's hard to beat their prices anywhere. They have the Harvey's deluxe Aqua Capsule and Gates Pro-CBX for under $1000.

Hope this helps, I just went through exactly the same thing. Be absolutely sure that you get yourself measured by a tailor so you *know your measurements* for *certain* before you buy online.

jonnythan once bubbled...

You could also stop by LeisurePro in NYC on 18th street. The store is quite nice, and it's hard to beat their price......... Be absolutely sure that you get yourself measured by a tailor so you *know your measurements* for *certain* before you buy online.

Leisure pro has a 14 day satisfaction garaunteed return policy!!

I know my size, but still things sometimes don't fit quite right.

:wink:

Tavi once bubbled...

Leisure pro has a 14 day satisfaction garaunteed return policy!!

I know my size, but still things sometimes don't fit quite right.

:wink:

SportExtreme has a 30 day return policy too, but you still want your drysuit to fit the first time. I got lucky, and the M-L CNX fits me *perfectly*.

Point taken, though! Check the return policy! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom