Any Beach Crabs up for a Sunday 2/28 dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverrex

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Sad to say but it seems like the Beach Crabs are history. Gone are the days where you could count on at least some Beach Crabs going somewhere to dive each weekend. Now I know many of us are still diving regularly we just don't bother to post our dives and open them up to others anymore. I kinda liked it before when I really didn't have to think about lining up a buddy for a dive, just knowing I could join in with the Beach Crabs group.

Anyway I haven't been diving at all in February and my personal streak of 37 straight months with at least one California dive during each month is in danger of ending unless I get a dive in on Sunday. I'm up for anywhere from Laguna to Malibu, or possibly even a boat. Rain is predicted for Saturday but Sunday is supposed to be nice, weather wise at least, I haven't bothered to check swells yet.

Rex

Hi Rex! Would've loved to make it, but I'm unfortunately out of town this week.

Sadly, the swell model looks miserable on Sunday. I'm holding out hope that it's wrong....but with this winter wearther we've had, I don't have a lot of hope.

I would love it if the swell would cooperate for the 28th, as it's a full moon....and the squid eggs are out, so it could be a nice dive at Vet's. If conditions are decent, would you be interested in a night dive?

Hey Rex,

I'm still willing to dive, but have been working a lot up in Central CA. Hopefully I'll be back in March and able to post some dives.

Good luck on your dive for Sunday.

Greg

All this crummy weather has me feeling pretty damned crabby. I haven't been in the water since October, it's killing me! Oh well, at least the swell models are looking great for the Cenotes in 2 weeks! When things improve we've got to breath new life into the crabs!

Nicole,
A night dive Sunday unfortunately does not work out for me. But I would love to join you at Redondo some other night.

Ken, Greg and Jim,
It would be great if we could start doing some Beach Crabs dives again. Maybe just once a month, alternate some Mailbu beach diving with some Laguna/Palos Verdes beach dives, with a few boat dives (Peace, Spectre, Long Beach/San Pedro boats) thrown in also.

Billy, where are you? Why you don't you arrange another one of the Sea bass trips?

Wish I could make the 28th. I'm in agreement, the Crabs have become a slient dive group. Obviously recent weather has not helped. Hope to see you soon. I've been dry for a couple of months. Gonna have to ditch work very soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom