Any Air Integrated Wrist Computer Connectivity Issues?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just be sure you buy a computer you can read [I mean, a quick glance and see what you need] made the mistake of buying wrist watch size computer with AI [Aqualung i450t] , great computer, BUT, and it's a big but [not arse butt] for me it is, I just can't read the thing as well as the Shearwater screen [I know I said it, bingo], the Scubapro G2 would be my next choice but cost in a new transmitter and it was too expensive .

the Scubapro G2 would be my next choice but cost in a new transmitter and it was too expensive .

There is substantial price drop in the HUD and G2 prices this year, very competitive prices.

I wish that was the case here, no drop in the G2 , the SP transmitter is $50 AU cheaper.
There is substantial price drop in the HUD and G2 prices this year, very competitive prices.

I wish that was the case here, no drop in the G2 , the SP transmitter is $50 AU cheaper.

No specials or anything? I was looking at the pricelist for our region and there is reduction in the prices, much more competitive now.

No specials or anything? I was looking at the pricelist for our region and there is reduction in the prices, much more competitive now.
Only today did I notice a more competitive price from a supplier I use for Scubapro gear , add Transmitter & Heart Rate Monitor for only $300 more and it is now more competitive as a package.

I just bought the Garmin T1 + Descent Mk2i, and I have about 15 dives on it. So far I haven't had a single connection issue underwater. I dive a pretty standard recreational setup with my tank on my back and the transmitter mounted on my back right, with the Descent on my right wrist.

The one time I noticed any kind of connection issue was right after surfacing when I was getting rocked by some waves and the transmitter was probably having trouble deciding whether it should be using Sonar or ANT+ to send the data. It stabilized a moment later. Everything else has been flawless so far.

To answer the usual second question - no, I can't hear the sonar. But I've been wearing a 7mm hood on all of my dives, so I can't hear anything else either.

not really a connection problem with scubapro g2.
approx. 150 dives with a computer on the left arm, transmitter to the right (backmount configuration).

if the transmitter's battery is weak, the connection is shown as "yellow" from time to time.

If you dive sidemount and a transmitter is not used for more than 5 minutes, it goes into sleep mode. only when air is consumed does it reactivate and connect immediately.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom