Any advice on an extremely short trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diversanon

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

I know this has been posted a bunch of times around recommendations, but was wondering more about the biodiversity of different parts of the Phillipines vs Raja Ampat. I'm finishing up a DM course here and was planning on taking 4-5 days between RA and Taiwan to dive as I've heard great things about wrecks in Coron and muck diving in Anilao (both of which I am interested in). However, given all of the travel logistics of ferries/domestic flights, I was wondering if it's not as worthwhile to dive only a couple days especially after diving in RA for a few months. The alternate plan is to head to Taiwan early and dive there instead. Would love any perspectives on this

Anilao is only couple of hrs away from Manila, public transport will take few hrs longer.
Diving in Republic of China is interesting but my experiences are limited to three places(Green Island, Kenting and XLQ).

I think if you're already in the region, a short trip to Anilao is very feasible. It's really only a cost-analysis question, which is rather subjective. Beyond that, 4 nights in PH, as follows, is certainly workable... Day one - Arrive in Manila and travel to Anilao (easy), and maybe squeeze in a night dive. Days two and three, dive but no later than early morning dive on day 3. Day 4, back to Manila and depart the Philippines.

Exhausting? Maybe. Feasible? IMO, yes, absolutely! Financially worth it? Subjective, travel within the region isn't terribly expensive, so sure!

Coron would take a lot more coordination, as it would require a layover and flight to Coron, or into Puerto Princesa and bus + ferry, severely eating up valuable dive time.

Back
Top Bottom