Antique compressor on EBay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pescador775

Contributor
Reaction score
Currently, there is a Cornelius 130R being advertised. This was Cornelius's first commercial model offered to the diving market. Electric drive. I would guess 1955 vintage.

pescador775:
Currently, there is a Cornelius 130R being advertised. This was Cornelius's first commercial model offered to the diving market. Electric drive. I would guess 1955 vintage.
This compressor would still require a filter and fill whip to complete, correct? What else would be needed to get this functional for scuba air, assuming that the compressor is mechanically sound?

Sorry, I didn't see your message. Well, the Cornelius came with an efficient condenser and relief valve. However, it would be necessary to purchase an in-line charcoal filter or similar device as well as fill whip. Also, a Stewart Warner or Kidde back pressure valve would need to be added (I have a couple available, protecair has them). Back in the day, only the condenser was used and in order to reduce any breathing hazard the recommended lube was medicinal grade mineral oil. In this day and age, I recommend JET II, a synthetic turbine oil made by Exon/Mobil. However, only late production, no earlier than 2003 is suitable for breathing air. Late production JET II oil is non toxic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom