anti-rust painting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Xaryo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I rencently acquired an old (1970) steel cylinder. I had it sandblasted to remove the old vinyl coating that had some rust spot on .

Before Isend the cylinder to the hydro for testing, I would like to put some anti-rust paint on it.

Does any Tremclad-like aerosol paint available in all good Canadian Tire or Home depot would be correct or I have to go to a paint shop?

thanks
I will go look for that.

Best place to look for ZRC is an industrial supply store or direct from ZRC. I recomend rolling on 3 coats with a foam roller. Spray cans don't put on a even or thick enough coat.

Rustoleum also makes a cold galvanizing compound. It comes in aerosol spray cans and you can get it at your local hardware store.

Try this stuff. It is awesome for cars. You can put it on and paint over it with the color you want. it acts as a really hard primer. Your tank will never rust again...ever.

Rust POR 15

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom